If you’re planning on using alternative energy you are probably thinking on using photovoltaic cells or the solar panels.
First let’s learn what is a solar energy? How does this work?
Solar Energy is a source of electricity where you are using the sun to produce electricity.
Photovoltaic module is a group of cells where it is connected electrically.
Its cells are made with special semiconductor materials where it absorbs in light and transfer it to the semiconductor like silicon. The energy will knock loose the electron, making it to flow freely.
So what are its Disadvantages?
• Although the electricity is free solar energy can only be used on daytime where it is not cloudy.
• Solar panels are quite expensive today.
• Solar panels also need batteries for nighttime use of electricity and the batteries are quite heavy and needed to be replaced from time to time.
• Solar panels need a lot of space to capture fair amount of sunlight.
• If you’re on a country where you always have a bad weather, cloudy sky lessens the effectiveness of the solar panels.
This are the most common disadvantages of solar panels, would you still use it? Yes of course, except when you are located on a place where most of the time the sky is cloudy, you can try different alternatives. The four disadvantages mentioned can easily be fixed.
How to fix the disadvantages above?
• Yes it can only convert on daytime when the sun is up, but you can use battery packs if it is nighttime or cloudy. (Use a lot of battery packs so that all of them will be charged on daytime)
• Today solar panels are a little bit expensive, but the more people use and buy it, its price will eventually drop. Buying solar panels is just a small investment for a long term effect of reducing your power bills without lessening the use of your appliances.
• The batteries are heavy and need to be replaced. Try building a small hut for your batteries and live it there, don’t carry the batteries around. For the battery changing, a normal car battery life lasts up to four years so it is impossible that you can’t save a budget for that long.
• Solar panels are spacious. Yes it’s spacious but I’m sure you could find a way on where you will put your solar panels, I see a lot people they put it on the roof, if you have a lawn or small space outside your house try putting it there.
• So here’s the last one if your country is always cloudy, I don’t know how you would do it but I suggest you should try different alternative energy.
This article is not making you not to use alternative energy; this is just making you see some disadvantages and lets you think how to fix them. Using alternative energy is a good thing you don’t have to cut off your monthly electrical bills; you can use the alternative energy to lessen your electric bills. Because we know that sun isn’t up all the time, but we could try other alternative energy such as wind and water. It is really up to you if you would use this or not.
Thursday, January 30, 2014
Saturday, January 25, 2014
Climate change is all over the TV and in the internet, yet a lot of people think that it’s not true.
So if you are one those people who don’t believe that our planet is changing its climate, so this article is not for you, but if you’re one of those who are concern of the well being of our planet this article is perfect for you.
Green living is gaining its fame today because of the people concern on our planets well being and some are just concern on their power bills.
People ask me, how to go green? Well it depends on what type of green living you want if you’re interested on green electricity then read more.
There quite lot stuff you should put in mind before going green.
• What are alternative energy sources?
• What alternative energy source should I use?
• What is sustainability?
So this are the three most ask question when staring to go green.
So what are alternative energy sources, believe it or not there are a lot of alternative energy source used today such as:
• Wind Energy
• Solar Energy
• Geothermal Energy
• Bio fuel
• Water energy
But if you’re planning to build your own alternative energy source the first two is definitely good for you, but in some cases the water energy is used when you’re near a river stream.
There are a lot of alternative energy source we have so pretending not to know or still sticking on a very pricey power bills we have today is a choice, it is actually up to you if you want to or not to.